Q. WHAT do the Awards recognise?
The awards recognise efforts that seek to address sustainability in our community and beyond. Although often mistaken to be solely about environmental concerns, sustainability is centred upon quality of life issues that affect both people and planet.
The award categories recognise different thematic or sector entry points. These are informed by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which include themes related to:
- Health and wellbeing;
- Biodiversity, climate, environment and nature protection;
- Socio-economic issues incl: alleviating poverty and hunger;
- Addressing gender and social inequalities;
- Circular economy, sustainable consumption
- Just and inclusive institutions
- Education, learning and partnerships
If you are working on any of these themes, these awards may be relevant to you. Regardless of your entry point, the judges will be looking to see that you are adopting a sustainability perspective by connecting social, environmental and economic concerns so that the root causes and long-term solutions can be identified.
For further information about the UN SDGs, please visit.