Q. WHAT is the focus of the Futures Forward Academy?
Sustainability is not only about environmental concerns. The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in fact address a broad range of social, economic, and cultural considerations to attain a more sustainable future.
Informed by the SDGs, the Futures Forward Academy programme looks beyond the environmental dimensions rooting these in social and economic concerns. The themes explored will include;
- Health and wellbeing
- Biodiversity, climate, environment and nature protection
- Socio-economic issues incl: alleviating poverty and hunger
- Addressing gender and social inequalities
- Circular economy, sustainable consumption
- Just and inclusive institutions
- Education, learning and partnerships
Whilst the sustainability challenges may be acute, the Futures Forward Academy is a remarkable opportunity to advance SDG goals in Gibraltar, foster cultural diversity, and promote intercultural dialogue.